Senior PHP Developer, 10,000+ miles away
So you know you’re a great PHP programmer and you want work
that keeps your life interesting. Then why do something really radical
- turn your world upside down and shift down under to New Zealand
and work with us!
iMall Brands is world class e-commerce company based in Auckland,
New Zealand and we’re currently on the hunt for 5 senior PHP
programmers. We have 80 staff worldwide, with offices in Auckland,
Melbourne, London and Shenzhen, but most of the dev is done in Auckland
because it's a nice place to live.
What we offer:
About the job:
- Your airfares to New Zealand paid and help to sort out your
work NZ work visa/residency.
- A competitive wage of 85k NZD
- A desk in our outstanding offices in downtown Auckland
- Colleagues who know what they’re doing - our programming
team is small but prodigious, consisting of 1 Slovenian, 2 Russians,
1 Chinese and a Kiwi. We also outsource to programmers all over
- A 'sweet as' laid back kiwi lifestyle with beaches and barbecues
never to far away!
As an integral part of this IT team, you will be responsible for maintaining
and developing the company' current in house applications. You need
the ability to multi-task, have strong technical knowledge and a sense
Requirements for this role:
- Minimum of 3-4 years PHP development experience, with a strong
focus on PHP 5 development and OO development practices.
- Experience in application development (not just websites, but
- MySQL database administration
- HTML, CSS, UI Design experience. You must have a sound understanding
of best practice cross-browser support and Web standards based
- Experience in client-server application development.
JQuery and MooTools frameworks.
- Experience with development support tools such as SVN, Wiki
based documentation tools and project management software.
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems and IP networking.
- Strong attention to detail - especially around application security
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Logical, methodical and accurate work practices
If you’re interested email us at itjobs(a)imallbrands.com
- building, testing and implementing approved work requests and
- correctly developing systems and system changes that meet user
- ensuring that coding and testing is performed correctly
- following and understanding existing processes
- working effectively and contributing to the overall success
of own team